Since we started this journey of diverting several hundred tonnes of wireless waste from global landfills in 2009 many things have changed. We're making significant changes to our business practices to be more competitive, improve the value we offer to our suppliers and customers and be more responsive to all of our stakeholders so that we can improve our triple bottom line
Toll Free: 855-CELLCYCLE,
94 Bayfield St, Barrie, Ontario L4M 3A8.
Weekdays: 10AM - 7PM,
Saturdays: 11AM - 4PM,
Sundays, Long Weekends & Statutory Holidays: CLOSED.
Why are we changing?
Several factors have combined that have prompted us to make necessary improvements to our business practices.
- Intrinsic (actual materials value) of devices has dropped considerably as manufacturers use less precious content in devices - in some cases devices now COST money to have recycled responsibly.
- Resale value of used handsets (cleaning up & using again) has changed significantly compared to 2009 values. At the same time, the cost to repair screen damaged devices has, in many cases, exceeded the value of the device which has lead to more waste.
- Stolen handsets are being resold frequently to unsuspecting buyers.
- The "blacklist" (International database of lost & stolen cellular handsets) and remote kill (Find My iPhone, Android & BlackBerry versions) has introduced greater risk to companies like ours that refurbish devices since they become unusable after being listed or disabled.
- Local bylaws enforced by The City of Barrie, where we are located, with respect to Second Hand Dealers have kneecapped local businesses that work within the law by imposing unfair requirements that are not enforced equally to businesses such as multinational organizations offering trade-in/buy back services that also offer refurbished (Second Hand) goods.
How are we changing?
We're making improvements to our buy back pricing, refining the list of devices we will buy, and making payment sooner. We are also implementing better tracking of devices sent for purchase with better technologies to ensure that our stakeholders are getting fair value.
We will continue to honour purchases sent to us prior to January 4th, 2015
under our old terms of purchase but will be temporarily suspending buy back from new customers until further notice.
Our physical store will continue to operate with extended business hours where you're welcome to visit and offer suggestions to help us improve.
Thank you for your continued business! We look forward to serving you soon!